The Saudi Arabia general Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) has issued a circular to airlines extending the replacement of visa stickers with printed e-visas to visas issued in 12 more countries.
Visa stickers will be gradually replaced by e-visas in the following countries on the following dates:
- Pakistan, from July 24, 2023
- Yemen, from July 26, 2023
- Sudan, from August 2, 2023
- Uganda, from August 7, 2023
- Lebanon, from August 9, 2023
- Nepal, from August 14, 2023
- Turkey, from August 16, 2023
- Sri Lanka, from August 21, 2023
- Kenya, from August 23, 2023
- Morocco, from August 28, 2023
- Thailand, from August 30, 2023
- Vietnam, from September 4, 2023.
Earlier this year, the Saudi authorities implemented printed e-visas for visas issued in Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Jordan, the Philippines and the United Arab Emirates.
Erickson Immigration Group will continue monitoring developments and sharing updates as more news is available. Please contact your employer or EIG attorney if you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions.