- Arrival – All passengers (including foreign nationals) arriving in the Philippines shall register in the e-Travel System.
- Travelers can register within 72 hours from the scheduled time of arrival in the Philippines.
- If they failed to register through the e-Travel System, they may be assisted to register/update their records at the e-Travel System by airline staff upon arrival before assessment at the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ).
- Departure – All departing Filipino passengers shall register in the e-Travel System prior to departure immigration clearance. This is intended to replace the submission of paper-based departure cards. Foreign nationals are not required to register/update in the e-Travel System.
- Travelers should register within 72 hours but not less than 3 hours from the scheduled time of departure from the Philippines.
- If they failed to register through the e-Travel System, they may register/update their e-Travel before undergoing immigration inspection or fill out paper-based departure card/s, which are readily available near the departure immigration area.
- Registering for the e-Travel System is not an additional airport procedure. It only replaces the manual filling out of paper form departure cards that are presented to the immigration counters.
- The BOI will discontinue using paper-based arrival and departure cards beginning May 1, 2023.
Erickson Immigration Group will continue to share updates as more news is available. If you have questions about anything we’re reporting or case-specific questions, please contact your employer or EIG attorney.