The Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) has begun issuing iKads to Employment Pass (EP) holders registered with it, for new, renewal, and transfer of endorsement applications. iKad has not been issued in Malaysia since 2019.
- For EP sticker endorsements, the iKad will be provided during the sticker endorsement stage.
- For EP ePass issuance, the iKad can be collected at the Xpats Centre any time after the ePass is issued.
- iKads are being issued for endorsements completed on or after October 16, 2023.
- iKads are not currently being issued for dependents.
- The Expatriate Services Division (ESD) has not yet announced the issuance of iKads to foreign national employees of companies registered with it.
Erickson Insights and Analysis
Erickson Immigration Group will continue to monitor developments and share updates as more news is available. Please contact your employer or EIG attorney if you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions.