Travelers from mainland China to Japan will have to present a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival. Travelers who test positive will have to quarantine for seven days. The policy change will go into effect at midnight on December 30, 2022. Additional information is available at this link.
- ALL travelers who have traveled to mainland China in the last 7 days must complete pre-registration on Visit Japan Web.
- ALL unvaccinated travelers with a “travel history” must conduct a pre-departure COVID test AND COVID test on arrival.
- ALL vaccinated travelers with a “travel history” must take a COVID test on arrival (a pre-departure COVID test is not required).
- ALL travelers via direct flight from China must follow the same protocol mentioned above.
- Direct flights will be limited to Narita, Haneda, Kansai, and Chubu and only with limited numbers of flights.
- Hong Kong and Macau are not included in China in this context.
Erickson Immigration Group will continue to monitor developments, and share updates as more news is available. Please contact your employer or EIG attorney if you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions.