The government of India issued new guidelines for international arrivals related to COVID-19, with effect from Monday, February 13:
- All travelers should preferably be fully vaccinated as per the approved primary schedule of vaccination against COVID-19 in their Country.
- Precautionary measures should be followed, including the preferable use of masks and following physical distancing.
- Any passenger having symptoms of COVID-19 during travel shall be isolated as per standard protocol.
- Thermal screening should be done in respect of all the passengers by the health officials present at the point of entry.
- A sub-section (2% of the total passengers 12 years or older in the flight) shall undergo random post-arrival testing at the airport on arrival. If travelers’ samples are positive, their samples should be further sent for genomic testing and the traveler should be treated and isolated as per standard protocol.
Erickson Immigration Group will continue monitoring developments and sharing updates as more news is available. Please contact your employer or EIG attorney if you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions.