The French government will now accept Talent Passport residence permit applications through the recently launched online portal.
- From May 25, applicants may submit initial and renewal Talent Passport applications online.
- From June 7, applicants may submit applications for the subcategory “Talent Passport Artist and family.”
- Step 1: Apply online for the work permit on the dedicated portal.
- Step 2: Confirmation by e-mail that the application has been submitted.
- Step 3: If the work permit is issued, the employer and the foreign employee will receive it by e-mail.
- Step 4: The future employee will have to attach the work permit to his/her visa and/or residence permit application.
Applications will be examined by six inter-regional platforms. Applicants will be notified by SMS text when their passport is ready to be picked up.
The “talent passport” is intended for qualified employees of innovative companies, researchers, project leaders of business creation, innovative economic projects wishing to invest in France. The residence permit is valid up to 4 years and does not require a work permit.