As part of the ongoing effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, the Ministry of Manpower (MoM) now requires all EP and S Pass holders to use the SGWorkPass app to check their AccessCode status every time before they leave for work.
Foreign employees can only leave their residence for work if their AccessCode is “green” (can go out for work). If their AccessCode is “red” (cannot go out for work), they are not allowed to leave their residence for work. You can refer to this link to find out more about the indicators that may result in a “red” AccessCode status. This applies to all work pass holders regardless of residential type. This process pertains only to when someone leaves home for work, not for any other essential outings.
All EP and S Pass holders should refer to the app diligently to ensure compliance with these requirements. The MoM will be investigating employers whose foreign employees go to work when their AccessCode is red. Enforcement action will be taken against employers and their foreign employees.
Action Item for the Company:
- Employers are required to ensure that foreign employees with “red” AccessCode do not leave their residence for work.
- You can check the AccessCode details of your foreign employees from Safe@Work. We believe you may find this FAQ regarding the AccessCode helpful.
- For a guide to use the Safe@Work service, please see here.
Action item for Employees:
- All Employment Pass and S Pass holders should download the SGWorkPass app immediately if they do not have it already.
- They must use the SGWorkPass app to check their AccessCode status before leaving their residence for work.
- They should only leave their residence for work if their AccessCode is “green.”
|Erickson Immigration Group will continue to send updates as more news is available. If you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions, please contact your employer or EIG attorney.|