On November 21, 2023, USCIS announced the availability of myProgress (formerly known as personalized processing times) for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status. myProgress will initially only be available for family-based or Afghan special immigrant Form I-485 applicants.
Applicants with a pending Form I-485 or Form I-821 can now log in to their USCIS online account to view confirmation of completed steps and estimated wait times until the next step in their case processing is completed, including:
- Confirmation that the application was received;
- Movement of the application through preprocessing and adjudicative steps; and
- he case decision.
myProgress updates will be available for applications filed online or for paper-filed cases later linked to a USCIS online account using an online access code.
myProgress is now available for the following forms:
- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (for family based and Afghan special immigrant Form I-485 applicants);
- Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status;
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document;
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization;
- Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card; and
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
All applicants and petitioners must still use the Check Case Processing Times webpage to determine eligibility to file an Outside of Normal Processing Times service request. For more information on myProgress, see the full announcement. Erickson Immigration Group will continue monitoring developments and sharing updates as more news is available. Please contact your employer or EIG attorney if you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions.