The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 is scheduled to take place across Australia and New Zealand from July 20 through August 20, 2023. The US State Department has issued guidance to keep US citizens safe and informed.
- Along with your valid U.S passport, travelers must have a valid Australian visa or an approved Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to enter Australia.
- Review DOS’s information on Australia’s Entry, Exit, and Visa Requirements on the Country Information page.
- Traveler’s U.S. passport must have at least three months validity from the date they depart New Zealand. Travelers to New Zealand must have a valid visa or an approved NZeTA.
- Review DOS’s information on New Zealand’s Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements on the Country Information page.
- Travelers should confirm their passport is valid. Learn more about how to apply for/renew your U.S. passport.
- Travelers should review the Australian government’s Travel tips and New Zealand’s biosecurity procedures before arriving to include what you can and cannot bring into Australia and New Zealand. Both countries have strict customs and quarantine laws, especially regarding the importation of food and animal products.
- From June 16, DOS advised travelers to take normal precautions in Australia and New Zealand.