The Spanish government has published the Order PCM/545/2021, extending the limitation of flights between Brazil, South Africa, and Spanish airports. The current restrictions are extended until June 22, 2021.
Who is Exempt
The travel restrictions are applicable to passengers traveling by air except for:
- Spanish, Andorran citizens, and residents in Spain,
- Travelers transiting through Spain to a non-Schengen country with a less than a 24-hour stop and not exiting the transit area of the Spanish airport,
- State flights, search and rescue services,
- Flights with a stop in the Spanish territory for non-commercial purposes, to reach a final destination,
- Cargo, ferry, humanitarian, medical, and emergency flights,
- Aeronautic staff required to undertake air transport business.
Erickson Immigration Group will continue to send updates as more news is available. If you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions, please contact your employer or EIG attorney.