On Monday, the Qatar Ministry of Public Health announced new updates to the country’s health and safety protocol and travel restrictions.
- Travelers coming from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, and Sri Lanka:
- Those vaccinated/recovering from COVID-19 in the State of Qatar are subject to a two-day hotel quarantine and are allowed to leave the hotel on the second day if the result of the PCR test is negative.
- Unvaccinated travelers are subject to a hotel quarantine for a period of 10 days.
International Travel Status for Qatar
Group A: Citizens and residents including GCC States citizens:
Before traveling to Qatar:
- Conduct a PCR test within 72 hours before arrival.
- Pre-register online at least 12 hours before travel and download the required official documents. (Optional for citizens and residents)
Health and Safety Measures Upon Arrival:
- Screening will be conducted for passengers who show symptoms.
- Unvaccinated passengers shall be subject to the following procedures:
- Arrivals from green-list countries: Shall undergo a home quarantine for 5 days with another PCR test on the fourth day. The passenger shall be cleared on the fifth day if the test is negative.
- Arrivals from yellow-list countries: Shall undergo a hotel quarantine for 7 days with PCR test (at expense of the passenger) at the hotel on the sixth day. The passenger shall be cleared on the seventh day if the test is negative.
- Arrivals from red-rated countries: Shall undergo a hotel quarantine for 10 with a PCR test on arrival at the hotel and on the ninth day at the passenger’s expense. They shall be cleared on the tenth day if the test is negative.
- Vaccinated passengers coming from red-rated countries shall undergo a PCR test (at the passenger’s expense) upon arrival at Hamad International Airport/ Land Port, if the test result is positive, the passenger must comply with the isolation protocol.
- Hotel quarantine shall apply for (5) days to GCC citizens who do not have a Qatari residence card if they come from green-listed countries.
Group B: Family visits, business travelers, and tourists including GCC residents | Entry is restricted to vaccinated and/or recovered individuals.
Fully vaccinated individuals:
- Shall be exempt from quarantine.
- Unvaccinated children aged (0-11) traveling with their fully vaccinated parents shall be exempted from the quarantine if they come from green-listed countries.
- Unvaccinated children aged (0-11) traveling with their fully vaccinated parents shall be subjected to hotel quarantine for 7 days if they come from yellow-listed countries.
- There is no exception for unvaccinated children coming traveling from red-listed countries.
The State of Qatar continues to update and evolve its travel and public health guidance. Erickson Immigration Group will continue to send updates as more news is available. If you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions, please contact your employer or EIG attorney.