On July 1, 2023, Poland’s government cancelled the state of epidemic emergency and, as a result, the following COVID-related immigration extensions and other concessions under the so-called “COVID-19 Act” will expire on July 31, 2023.
- These permitted grounds for legal residence of foreign nationals staying in Poland with a short-term residence permit on March 14, 2020:
- the visa-free regime;
- a Schengen visa issued by Polish authorities;
- a Schengen visa or long-stay visa issued by another Schengen state;
- a residence permit issued by another Schengen state;
- a qualifying long-stay visa or residence permit issued by a European Union Member States that is not a Schengen area country.
- Extension of the period of stay and validity of national visas;
- Extension of the period of stay and validity of temporary residence permits, including:
- the time limit for leaving Poland;
- the time limit for voluntary return;
- the time limit for applying for a temporary residence permit, a permanent residence permit, a long-term resident’s EU residence permit, a visa extension or an extension of stay under visa waiver;
- the periods of validity of residence cards;
- the periods of validity of temporary identity certificates;
- the periods of validity of documents confirming the right of permanent residence, residence cards of an EU citizen’s family member and cards of permanent residence of a family member of an EU citizen;
- the periods of validity of Polish identity documents for foreign nationals;
- the periods of validity of ‘permit for tolerated stay’ documents.
- Extension of the periods of validity of work permits and extensions of work permits;
- Extension of the period of permissible work on the basis of a statement on entrusting work to a foreigner;
- the legal basis for the foreigner to perform work under other conditions;
- Temporary access to seasonal work.
The equivalent extensions for Ukrainian citizens will remain in force until March 4, 2024.
The extension of the validity of a Pole’s Card and of the time limit for applying for the renewal of a Pole’s Card will continue until October 2, 2023.
Erickson Insights & Analysis
Erickson Immigration Group will continue to share updates as more news is available. If you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions, please contact your employer or EIG attorney.