Earlier today, June 22, Australia announced the inclusion of 22 new occupations to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
The expanded list, now totaling 41, will allow for more foreign national workers to enter the country during the country’s COVID restrictions and have their visas fast-tracked by the Australian government.
What to Expect
- Visa holders who have been sponsored by an Australian business in a PMSOL occupation will be subject to quarantine arrangements at their own expense.
- Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active, and visas will still be processed, but priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.
The PMSOL was introduced in September 2020 in partnership with the National Skills Commission to support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
Erickson Immigration Group will continue to send updates as more news is available. If you have questions about anything we’re reporting above or case-specific questions, please contact your employer or EIG attorney.