UPDATE: USCIS Clarifies Premium Processing Suspension of H-1B Extensions
As an update to our previous report from last week, USCIS has clarified its premium processing suspension notice, announcing that premium processing will remain available for:
- Form I-129 H-1B petitions subject to the H-1B cap and cap exempt petitions, as long as the petition is requesting:
- A change of nonimmigrant status, or
- Consular notification;
- Form I-129 H-1B petitions filed on behalf of individuals who already have H-1B nonimmigrant status, as long as the petition is requesting:
- Consular notification, or
- An amendment of a previously approved petition that does not include a request for an extension of stay; and
- All Form I-129 H-1B1 petitions.
We would like to remind U.S. petitioners that despite the temporary suspension of premium processing, they may still request expedited processing of their petitions in exigent circumstances. All expedite requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. For more information, please visit the USCIS Expedite Criteria webpage.
EIG will continue to monitor developments and provide updates as they become available.